Skip to main content

When I was a child  I dreamed  of being a  famous singer that got to sing in Festival de Viña. I never thought  of becoming a social scientist, but I think that throughout my life my sense of justice led me to be a social scientist.

I was not sure about what to study in the beginning, and I thought that to study anthropology was a  good option because I like to interact with people from other cultures and realities. Besides, I love to travel because I get to know the history of new places. But when I applied for the university my first option was anthropology and the second option was sociology, thinking that this degree would allow me to understand society and injustices better. Therefore, it would give me the opportunity to make a change.  Finally, the university called to tell me that I had been admitted to the sociology major.

My experience at university has been like a rollercoaster: stressful, exciting, dramatic and funny…haha! But, it has been a very interesting experience of knowledge, which has opened a world that has allowed me to understand society better and it's complexities and realities. This means that I can help to show and solve some organizations' and social relationships' problems .

In the future I would like to work for the state or to possibly be a city councilor or mayor of  Teno town. Or simply to work in an organization that could afford me to help the people and society.


Comments


  1. HOW NICE!!! ALWAYS CULTIVATE THAT SOCIAL SERVIVICIO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very good writing in english! What are you doing in english III? hahaha... You have a passion to help people, it's so lovely

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite piece of technology is the cellphone because among other uses it allows me to listen to music everywhere. I love listening to music. Since music players exist I remember having one, as listening audiocassettes, cds and downloading music; but when I was younger I thought it would be great to have an App in which I could listen to all the available music. I never had a defined taste on music, it depends on my mood the music that I want to listen to. When they created the spotify App, it was wonderful for me because spotify gives access to all kinds of music in the world. The only problem is that it if I am not a premium user one cannot reproduce the music as one would want, but randomly. So I used an illegal App to play the music as I liked, but they disabled this illegal App and when that happened I did not know what to do, since having music on my cell phone took a lot of memory in it. L uckily, a friend signed  me up for a family plan that includes me for only 1500
In this last class, i would like to talk about “La casa de papel”, because is the first serie that finish, although there’s still one season left that release the next year. This serie was produce in España for channel Antena 3 and Netflix buy this serie for transmit around the world. La casa de papel is about robbery to the Casa de Papel in Madrid, where the robbers took the building with the purpose of creating money to then steal it. I liked very much this serie because the plot is very good, you don’t know what can happen in the next episode. I think that the story show more that the robbery, this show as the different personality of the people and the society, the mass media, the police, the persons in our house, etc. react in the presence of surprise event. Beside the professor, who is the creator of the plan and he’s not robber, he intelligently playing with the police, the mass media, hostage’s and the same robbery’s, with the purpose of execute correctly the plan.
I will like to go to Europe. But, it is difficult to choose to which country. I'm intersted in knowing about the culture that is why i will like to study there.  As a sociology, my main interested is to know new culture because it helps me to get to know new perspectives about social mattters. Besides, going to Europe, where Bourdieu was formed, would mean to be in the source of the postmodern sociologycal thinking. Also, I want to visit the building and streets given that it represents a very important part of history. Europe is a continet that has influenced Latinamerican culture; the arts, such as literature, paintings and music.  Mainly I will like to visit France, the Eiffel tower, the Louvre museum, the fRENCH vineyards, the Notre-Dam church, the Sein river,  and to go to study at La Sorbonne University in Paris or in some other university in Switzerland. Finally ,I will like go to Europe to eat pastas in Italy, icecream Venice, German saussagges.